Monday, June 7, 2010

A Word of Reassurance by Chuck Elmore

It was summertime, and I was in the park with a group of summer camp students. Part of our routine was to have the kids run or walk a lap while the workers stationed themselves around the park to keep an eye on the children. The day was beautiful, the Sandia Mountains stood up tall in the east, and I began to worship God and pray silently to myself. I noticed a coworker, a single mother of two teenagers, walking with the campers, and I began to pray for her. I knew she was struggling financially to put her son through private school. As she approached, I felt God prompt me to say to her, "God doesn't want you to worry about your finances. He will provide." She smiled, hugged me, said thank you, and we went on about our business. A few days later, she came up to me with an amazed expression on her face and said, "You are not going to believe this. I was called into the school's business office today. I thought they were going to remind me that I still owe $1000 on my son's tuition, but instead they told me they were waiving the remaining balance!" They gave no explanation, other than they felt they were supposed to do it. Her joy was from the forgiven debt, my joy was from sharing in God's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment