Monday, June 7, 2010

A Full Tank of Gas by Missy Gore


At 18, I was getting ready to make a big move, to take a step toward my god-given gifts and dreams, to become independent from my family, and step off the normal path, the stable life. I knew God was and is my provider, the one who gave me these gifts and goals and resources to move forward.

A few weeks before departing (when money is at its tightest), I was on my home from Lubbock and I realized I had to gas before leaving the big city. As I was strapped for money my initial thought was, "i'll just put in a little now and my parents will get me a full tank later." But the spirit moved within me. How was I supposed to have faith in the Lord to provide all my needs for making a big move if I could not even trust him to provide the money for a tank of gas. I had been depending on my parents for the last several weeks, and been totally stressed out and realized (while waiting for a red light to turn green) that the Lord is my provider and only He knows what I really need and He is the only one who can get it for me without me having to tear my hair out. As I am sitting at this light I still have no idea where the money for this tank of gas is going to come from, but I had faith that the lord would provide somehow. As I was praying, "Lord I know you are provider, and I need money for gas..." BAM!

The guy in front of me had thrown his truck into reverse and backed right into my car!!! "GREAT!! Just what I need!" The light turned green and we both turned and pulled into the gas station. The guy felt horrible. "The least I can do is pay for your gas!" And he did. And the damage was minor. I knew it was God smiling saying,"yes, I am your provider!"

No comments:

Post a Comment