Friday, May 28, 2010

He takes care of all obstacles by Chuck Elmore

One evening while I was visiting my sister, the Lord moved me to talk and pray with her. She had been a Christian from a young age, but she was struggling with many doubts about her worth in God's eyes. As we talked, I was begging the Lord to give me a word to share with her, but nothing came. I kept praying, and finally I felt Him tell me that I was to physically embrace her as if He was doing it. I told her that Jesus wanted to hug her, and when I put my arms around her, she began sobbing. She told me that was exactly what she needed. We decided to move to the back porch so we wouldn't wake her children. The Lord led me to share many facets of the good news with her, but the neighbor's dog began to bark at us from behind the fence. We tried to ignore it, but the dog persisted. I realized that this was a distraction from the enemy to keep my sister from hearing the truth, so I stopped what I was doing, and as odd as it felt, I said to the dog, "In the name of Jesus, stop barking and don't bark anymore for the rest of the night." The dog stopped and made no more noise the whole time we talked. I talked to my sister on the phone several weeks after that night, and she said the dog doesn't bark at her anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment