Friday, May 28, 2010

The Story that Started This Blog by Joni Nichols

The seed of inspiration for sharing these stories:

We were driving down the road, why we were together that day or where we were going, who knows? But Anna (now Adkins) casually mentioned in conversation as we landed on the subject of her upcoming $200 knee surgery that since her parents weren't believers, she told them not to loan her the money, that God would provide for her. She wanted them to see that he could provide, and she knew that he could and would. He provided. I'd heard a thousand million stories of God's greatness, his amazing provisions, Jericho, the Red Sea, sacks of groceries on the front steps, etc. But all of these were from preachers or missionaries. It seemed to me in my immaturity that they had earned a right to his provisions. Anna was a person like me. It changed my world. I just silently nodded. It wasn't long before I began to experience these kinds of experiences of God's greatness in my everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment